#18 will you help me decide?

TealTeal Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited February 3, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
With your expert guidance, I have selected the following image for the contest---which version do you like better?

Miss Priss
http://nealphotographicdesign.smugmug.com/photos/466956069_FBbxv-L.jpg

Blue-eyed darling:
http://nealphotographicdesign.smugmug.com/photos/466956620_Lzm4S-L.jpg

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    First off, you'll get more responses if you post the actual picture instead of a link. Next time just add image url instead of just the url. So if you don't mind, I'll just put them up for you now:

466956069_FBbxv-L.jpg

466956620_Lzm4S-L.jpg

Now having said that. This is a tough decision as they are both wonderful. The second one has a little more contrast due to the blue that you left in and the blue in her eyes most certainly make them pop. But, I think (and I'm new to high/low key, so take this as you wish) in a high-key photo, contrast isn't something that is necessarily good. There seems to be a bit more of a "glow" around her in #1, which kind of blends the edge of her into the white, which is very good. Tough decision, both beautiful images.
  • TealTeal Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try posting. I try to add an attachment and it says the file is too large.

Thanks so much for your advice and for posting the pictures.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Teal wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try posting. I try to add an attachment and it says the file is too large.

These aren't attachments, but just links to your other site. Use the yellow button across the top of the posting message box rather than "attach" (to do so, copy your link, click the yellow button, paste the image location into the box that pops up and voila! Picture is linked and embedded :D)

I think I prefer the first one - the blue eyes are very cool, but the monochromatic quality of the other somehow enhances the HK effect to my eye.

Great shot!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    #1. Beautiful shot.

Virginia

Email
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Teal wrote:

You might want to take a look at one of these tutorials on how to post a photo on DGrin: mwink.gif

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6885595_nUk4R

Please note that posting a photo in this forum is different from posting one into the entry gallery.